Material for Give a Summer's collaboration with mentors at The DREAM Program in Boston to help mentors help mentees explore and access great summer opportunities.
In 2016, Give a Summer is working with Northeastern mentors at The DREAM Program on a pilot program to support mentors help their mentees access great summer opportunities. Below are links to the materials Give a Summer created for this work.
- Intro letter to mentors explaining the program and materials
- Week-by-week syllabus guiding the mentors through different conversations and work to do with their mentees
- A pre and post survey to examine the impact of the program on mentees' participation in summer opportunities, perception of barriers to summer opportunities, and connection with their mentor [Week 1 & 6 of the program]
- A sheet to record mentee preferences among different types of summer activities [Week 2 of the program]
- A sheet to note down programs that interest the mentee [Week 3 of the program]